Dell D400 sequence of events.

July 25th, 2009: The memory and the harddrive on my dell d400 simultaneously fail, taking months of research notes and 3 pages of my rough draft with it. I install a backup harddrive, replace the memory, dry my tears of rage and soldier on.

August 30th, 2009: The memory and the harddrive fail again, taking 8 pages of the final draft of my research paper. I stop just short of cleaving the entire thing in half with an axe. My dad arrives to visit, bringing a replacement computer, which ironically is another d400.

September 30th, 2009: Dell d400 powercord begins to fail, charging the battery only after several minutes of jimmying the cord in various directions.

HRRROUGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but anyway. The workload this quarter is ridiculous. But I like my classes - they have so much variety. This morning I had Physics m155, energy and modern economy, taught by Michael E Kahn, one of my favorite professors and a world renowned natural resource economist, and Michael Jura, a physics professor. They alternate teaching on tuesdays and thursdays, and Jura taught today. This meant that I looked down for a second to check a text message, and then looked up to find that we had fully diagrammed and calculated the energy flux between the earth and the sun and moved on to climate change. Kahn teaches energy economics on tuesdays, which is also awesome but in a way that I can actually understand.

Time to get to work.

No comments: